How To Create a Blog on WordPress Step by Step
How to create a blog on WordPress step by step
Hey, you have an idea to create a blog on WordPress but don’t know how to create a blog on WordPress then I have a complete article for your problem. Here I tell you all the things domain purchase to launch a beautiful website. Let’s get the start :
Here two things required to make a website: Domain and Hosting
Choose Domain for Your Blog :
The domain is the name of your website (www.example.com). Now I tell you how to buy a domain from the BIGROCK (My Suggestion).
- Go to the BIGROCK.
- Enter your domain name which you want to purchase and select .com/.net/.org/.in what you want if you starting a blog then .com is good for you.
- If your domain name is available its show like this image is not available then select another name. Here BIGROCK also tells you to buy an email account. This is your email account (email@example.com) with your domain name. If you require then you can add it and click on checkout.
- Now its show you the total amount. If you notice that BIGROCK add some other service like ‘protect your domain information’. With this service, BIGROCK protects your domain owner information don’t show anyone. If you don’t want you can remove it and click on ‘NEXT’.
- Now you have to create new BIGROCK account click on the ‘CONTINUE’ and it redirects to the sign-up form.
- Fill this sign-up form with right information and click on the ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’. After creating an account complete your payment process. Here many options for payment you can select anyone and pay the Finally, you are the owner of the domain for the particular time.
Buy Hosting For WordPress Blog:
Hosting is the place where you can store your website. This storage is on the live server. There are many types of hosting but we discuss this type in another article. So now we buy a hosting from BLUEHOST(This My Suggestion to you)
- Go to the BLUEHOST.
- Now click on the ‘Get started now’ and its show you some hosting plans.
- At this time its show me 3 plans basic, plus, prime you can choose any one as your requirement. If you are beginner then I suggest you the basic plan its enough for a new In this hosting, you can see its provide you email account so you can use and ignore to buy email account from the domain provider.(Note: Price may be different when you check it)
- Now its tell you to buy a new domain or choose existing If the BLUEHOST provides you free domain then you can buy a new one without paying any money. Click on the ‘NEXT’.
- Now you can sign up with Google or you can fill this sign up form. Also here you can check that BLUEHOST add some others services if you don’t require it then remove it and click on submit. Now complete your payment process its simple I hope you can do it yourself.
Now Install WordPress with One Click
After successfully point your domain to your hosting provider the next step of ‘How to create a blog on WordPress’ is install WordPress on your site. Its so simple now times, you can do it with help of your cpanel so let’s start :
- Open your cpanel account (type www.yourdomain.com/cpanel ) now enter your username and password (which you
provided by your hosting provider through the mail). Its look like this (Maybe it’s different if you use another hosting provider but don’t worry process is same)
- Now find ‘SOFTWARE’ section on your cpanel dashboard and click on Softaculous App Installer. Here so many options are available but we want to install WordPress so choose WordPress and click install now.
- Now you can show many options here I explain all of this step by step :
- ‘Choose protocol’: choose your protocol HTTP, HTTPS, etc. If you already install SSL certificate then choose HTTPS otherwise choose HTTP.
- ‘Choose Domain’: If parked more domain or make any subdomain then you choose that domain where you want to install
- ‘In directory’: If you choose any directory then the WordPress install in that particular For example, you choose wp directory so your site open in this address (www.yourdomain.com/wp). I suggest you leave it blank.
- Now enter your site name and description and choose username and password for your site. Enter your email address and choose your language and click on install.
- The final installation process has been completed, now we can access the WordPress on our website.
Now we see how to create a Blog on WordPress and Customize it
Hey finally we complete installing process of WordPress so let’s learn how to create a blog on WordPress and create a beautiful blog on WordPress. WordPress is easy to use and simple to understand I teach you all the things about how to create a blog on WordPress so start step by step :
To login to your WordPress account go to (www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin) and enter your username and password which you select during WordPress installation process. After successful login you can see dashboard like this :
(WordPress dashboard image)
You can see many options here let’s show all option with information
- Dashboard: Here you can see two options 1. Home and 2. Updates
- Home: This is your homepage if you click on this you come to the main
- Updates: Here you can see all the plugins, themes and also WordPress update and you can update with one click.
- Posts: Here four options 1. All Posts, 2. Add New, 3. Categories and 4. Tags
- All Posts: You can see your all posts that you save or publish on your website.
- Add New: If you want to add a new post you can add from here.
- Categories: You can add a new category from here.
- Tags: If you want to add tags you can do it with this option.
- Media: Two options are here 1. Library and 2. Add New
- Library: Here you can see your all images, audio and video that you upload on your website you can also remove any media from here.
- Add New: You can upload any media file on your website with this option.
- Comments: If anyone comments on your page you can see here also you can manage all the comments from here. You can edit it, delete it, add to span, etc.
- Appearance: Six options are available in this section 1. Themes, 2. Customize, 3. Widgets, 4. Menus, 5. Header and 6. Editor
- Themes: You can add and activate new themes from here and also upload premium themes from here. Below we more learn about this option.
- Customize: You can access many options in this section for customizing your site. Below we more learn about this option.
- Widgets: You can add new widgets with this option. Below we more learn about this option.
- Menus: You can create a or delete menu from here and also edit menus from here.
- Header: Header means top part of your website. You can edit and customize header section from here. You can also do it from ‘Customize’ option.
- Editor: If you know coding and you want to do changes in a theme that you can do it from here if you don’t know coding then don’t open this section.
- Plugins: A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to your. You can see three options here 1. Installed Plugin, 2. Add new, 3. Editor.
- Installed plugin: You can see all installed plugins here also you can deactivate or delete any plugins from here.
- Add New: You can add any new plugins to your website with this option.
- Editor: If you know coding and you want to do changes in a plugin that you can do it from here if you don’t know coding then don’t open this section.
- Users: It happens that on one website many people work that’s why WordPress give this facility here you can add and manage your users. Here you can see three options 1. All users 2. Add New and 3. Your Profile
- All users: If you are an administrator then you can see all users details and also edit details with this option.
- Add New: With this option, you can add new users to your website.
- Your profile: Here you can see your profile and also edit the details.
- Tools: Here you can see three options 1. Available Tools, 2. Import and 3. Export
- Available Tools: You can see all available tools in this option.
- Import: With this option, you can import the tools on your website.
- Export: You can export all your content with this option.
- Setting: In the setting, you can see six options 1. General, 2.Writing, 3. Reading, 4. Discussion, 5. Media and 6. Permalinks.
- General: Here you can edit general options like site title, tagline, etc.
- Writing: In this section, you can choose writing style of your blog post Default post category, Default Post Format, etc.
- Reading: Here you can choose that how your post show to your visitor also choose the homepage and blog page from here.
- Discussion: Here you can edit that how people discuss on your site though comment and you can choose who can comment etc.
- Media: You can choose your media default size with this option and some more.
- Permalinks: With this option, you can customize how your post URL
Write Your First Post on your WordPress Blog
I hope you understand all dashboard option of WordPress, Now its time to write your first blog post it’s easy and simple. It is the main step of ‘How to create a blog on WordPress’. Let’s see step by step process.
- First, click on the +New icon and select the Post from the options.
- Now you can see a dashboard. Here you can show many options enter your blog post title and write a post in the showing box.
- Also, you can add heading in your post with this option, you can add H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, and H6. Select the text which you want to convert in heading and choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Also, you can add an image to your To add an image click on ‘Add Media’ and select file what you want to insert into your post and click on ‘Insert into Post’ also you can customize the image.
- If you want to insert link to any text click on the icon which shows an image and inserts a link in the box and press enter. The link has been inserted in the
- Now see some other options :
- Save Draft: With this option, your post is not published but save as draft. You can edit and publish it when you want.
- Publish: You can publish your post with option also you can set time to publish your post.
- Preview: If you want to see how my post looks you can see a preview of your post with this option.
- Add Category: You can select or add a new category from here.
- Tags: You can add tags to your post from here.
Customize your WordPress Blog
(Note: This option may be different according to your theme)
This is another important step in ‘How to create a blog on WordPress’. Here you can customize the website so let’s see step by step process.
- Site Identity: Here you can change logo, title, website description, site icon etc.
- Color: If you want to change the color of the theme you can do it with this option.
- Header Media: With this option, you can change the header image or you add header video etc.
- Menus: Here you can edit menus and choose a menu that which one is top and which one primary etc.
- Widgets: You can change your website widgets with this option. Simple drag and drop your widgets.
- Homepage Setting: Here you can choose your website homepage and also you can choose the latest post on the homepage.
- Theme Options: Here you can see options which are provided by your theme.
Create New Menu on WordPress Blog
In the WordPress blog very simple to create a menu you can just do it with few click lets shows some information about the menu. (Here I divide section number)
- You can create a new menu with this option click on ‘Create a new menu’.
- Here you can choose your menu name this name is not appear on your site its just for your information.
- Click on ‘Save Menu’ to save your menu.
- In this section, you can add Page, Post, Custom links or Categories to the
- Here you can choose that which menu appears where its appeared top, bottom or appear as main menu etc.(This option may be different according to your theme)
Change Theme on your WordPress Blog
If you don’t like the WordPress theme you can change it. Follow this step to change WordPress theme.
- Go to Appearance and select Theme option.
- You can see dashboard like this.
- Click on ‘Add New’ and select any theme which you want to install. Here you also you can see a preview of the theme and if you download any theme you can upload it. Select any theme and click on ‘Install’ one installation process is finished click on ‘Activate’. Now you can see your website your theme has been changed. Now you can customize it and make changes.
Install Plugin on WordPress Blog
Now I tell you how to install the plugin on WordPress Blog. Let’s see step by step process.
- Go to Plugins and click on ‘Add New’.
- Now search the plugin which you want to install on your blog. Once you find click on ‘Install Now’ to install the plugin. After complete installation click on ‘Activate’ to activate the plugin. After activation, you can use this plugin on your WordPress. Here also you can upload and activate the plugin.
I hope you understand ‘How to create a blog on WordPress’ if you have any question you can ask me in a comment.